Start a career at JORI!
At JORI our culture is built on the energy of the employees, and our office is the perfect place to build a career in the customs brokerage and freight forwarding industries. If you enjoy challenging work, competitive salaries, furthering your career, incentive programs and a welcoming atmosphere, our office is right for you.
We want employees that have uncompromising integrity, are performance-driven, take responsibility for their work, are team players, and have a zeal for customer service.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Software Developer will work as a member of the Software Development team on the development of a new web application product and support the CargoWise One ERP system. The position will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the company’s ERP system and product development.
All applicants must have 1+ years of experience in building web applications from scratch, software product development, and/or supporting continuous improvement efforts of enterprise level applications (experience with ERP system preferred) with at least one year of experience.
What is the role?
- Develop user-interfaces which are simple and intuitive to use
- Develop with responsive, scalable, and supportability in mind
- Contribute to the development of new software products
- Ensure development is in keeping with up-to-date web - standards and best practices
- Troubleshoot technical problems and provide timely resolutions
- Support continuous improvement efforts of an enterprise level ERP system
- Produce technical documentation
What kind of person are you?
- Complete tasks in an effective and efficient manner
- Relentless problem solver
- Take pride in building solid, scalable solutions
- Team first mentality
- Are trusted by coworkers
- Always growing yourself and your skills
- Embrace change
- Able to work in a fast paced and quality delivery environment
- Take initiative to be proactive instead of reactive to problems
- Work independently and contribute as part of a team
What experience do you need?
- A university or college degree in computer science
- AngularJS or similar frameworks
- Experience with C# .NET (C# .NET Core 1.2 would be an asset)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferred)
- Experience with Altova MapForce or any data mapping software is an asset
- Experience with CargoWise One is an asset
- Familiar with Agile/Kanban/Continuous Deployment
- Familiar with N-tier architecture
- Familiar with SaaS web architecture
- Familiar with Front End Design, responsive design, web services
- Excellent English (written and verbal)
-Experience in Freight Forwarding, Canada/US Customs Brokerage, or Logistics is an asset
Only applicants who can work in our Calgary, AB office will be considered.
Please click here to apply for this position.