Start a career at JORI!
At JORI our culture is built on the energy of the employees, and our office is the perfect place to build a career in the customs brokerage and freight forwarding industries. If you enjoy challenging work, competitive salaries, furthering your career, incentive programs and a welcoming atmosphere, our office is right for you.
We want employees that have uncompromising integrity, are performance-driven, take responsibility for their work, are team players, and have a zeal for customer service.
The Business Analyst (BA) reviews, analyses and evaluates the business process, business systems, develops data analytics reports and provides recommendations for process improvements and requirements gathering.
The BA will be part of the Information Technology department and work directly with project managers, technical resources, and business stakeholders to develop solutions to improve business processes and data analytics. The BA conducts business process reviews, recommends best practices, helps implement technology solutions, perform quality control activities, and develop reports based on real data. The BA may also take on leadership roles in team projects, make recommendations on prioritization, and report on progress to Senior Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Director, Information Technology and will be working with primarily internal stakeholders.
- Assist in facilitating meetings to validate, prioritize and document specific business requirements for enhancements and/or new project developments and implementation in support of the corporate strategy.
- Proactively gather information regarding business processes for review and analysis.
- Create documentation and use cases to assist in the analysis of processes.
- Assist in leading stakeholders to elicit, analyze, model, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems.
- Perform investigation, feasibility analysis, and business planning for project requirements.
- Assist in developing detailed business and first-level user requirements documentation, adhering to business policies/procedures and operational standards, to include project time and resource estimates.
- Identify and recommend requirements activities for a project. This includes identifying key roles, selecting requirements activities, managing the requirements scope and ongoing communication program.
- Assist in ensuring business requirements are accurately reflected in IT documentation by reviewing designs, prototypes, and other artifacts.
- Provide business analysis throughout the project.
- Develop data analysis reports and info-graphics.
Job Standards & Requirements
- Exceptional service orientated.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of business analysis practices and methodologies.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and a “can-do” attitude.
- Keen attention to detail with a data-driven analysis mindset.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with SQL queries (specifically MS SQL and MySQL) and creating SQL reports.
- Experience with CargoWise One would be an asset.
- Experience with a data analysis techniques and software platform preferred (e.g. SAS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Computer Science, with a major in Business Analysis, Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, or Information Technology is preferred.
- Certification with PMI or IIBA would be an asset.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a business analysis, data analytics, or related experience.
- Experience in Freight Forwarding, Canada/US Customs Brokerage, or Logistics is preferred.
If interested in this position, please click here to submit your application.